Friday, January 7, 2011

Baskin Robbins - $1 scoop night!!

This post piggy-backs the previous Irish Embassy post, after we had dinner at The Pub, we went to Baskin Robbins for a scoop.  Tuesdays are $1 scoop night for kids and $1.50/scoop for adults.  I should mention that I won a free scoop of ice cream from BR for becoming a fan on Buzztown - whoopee!  There are awesome deals on Buzztown, check them out!
Lyric ordered the Rock 'n Pop Swirl Sherbet (she always orders this).  Which is sherbet, colored all crazy with pop-rocks in it.  Okay, not my thing - but she LOVES it.
This is the face of a happy six-year-old.
Om-nom-nom!

I chose the Premium Churned Light Gingerbread Man ice-cream, which was to die for.  I had no idea it was low-fat until I noticed the label on the ice cream case.  The flavor was recommended to me by the girl behind the counter.  This is something I particularly like at a restaurant - self promotion.  I think that it really shows enthusiasm and interest in the customer when an employee recommends a dish, or as it were, a scoop.  
This flavor is AWESOME and I think that everyone should try it.  Not too sweet, and the perfect blend of gingerbread flavor combined into an ice cream.  I also really enjoyed the texture, very creamy and there was a ribbon or caramel and a ribbon of what I figure is the 'frosting'.  Definitely NOMZ!
I also took a picture of an ice cream cake that fascinates me.  The turkey cake.  I am not sure if I want to eat it, but I definitely want to hack it to pieces!  Does it have rainbow guts?  Are there tiny little Runt candies in its   frozen belly?  Is there a wishbone?  What makes it so glossy?  Can you eat the frills on the legs?  
Who wants to buy me one so that I can hack it apart and take pictures?!!
Somebody, please, buy me one.

Om Nom Nom, Errin










No comments:

Post a Comment