Friday, January 7, 2011

The Irish Embassy - Pub Grub!

On Tuesday, Lyric and I went out for dinner.  I decided that I wanted to save some cash so I checked out the deals on www.DurangoMenu.com  and found that on Tuesdays, The Irish Embassy has $5 sandwiches!  You can check out their menu before you go, these are the three $5 sandwiches.  

  • Embassy Burger
  • Nackers Chicken Sandwich
  • Fish Sandwich
I ordered the Embassy Burger, and was pleasantly surprised.  The burger was perfectly cooked (I like medium rare), juicy, and the toppings were fresh and delicious.  I was especially happy with the tomato.  I really hate when you get a slice or two of something that resembles a tomato, but tastes nothing like one.   
The burger comes with awesome Irish cheddar, and Rashers - which is almost like ham, but considered Irish bacon.
Good tomato, and I LOVE the chips

This is definitely a delicious mess!  I think that with burgers, messy = delicious
The Irish Embassy is a kid-friendly establishment.  There are games behind the counter - we chose Connect Four and Operation - and I never have that sense that parents sometimes get when out of, "God, please bring the food fast, so we can just leave you to the real customers!" Also, the Shirley Temples are pretty great.


Lyric had the kids Fish & Chips, which is her favorite, and always so good.  She doesn't eat the tartar sauce, which is is fine by me - I LOVE it.  I think that it is the best tartar sauce I have ever had.  It is almost like a cross between tartar sauce and remoulade sauce, the capers just make it for me, and it has a wonderful garlicky quality.



The service was excellent and very friendly.  My server was Courtney, she was very professional, but seemed pretty busy.  And, I do have to admit, that when I told the manager, and my server, that I would be reviewing him and blogging about the meal - my bill was $0!  THANKS JERRY! 

The Irish Embassy is a truly great bar with awesome 'pub grub'.  But, I am sure that isn't news to anyone who visits The Pub - they have established themselves in our community through quality, consistency and personality.  I will continue eating, drinking and being merry at The Irish Embassy


No comments:

Post a Comment