Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tequila's Restaurant

On December 3rd. I went to Tequila's for a quick lunch with my friend.  I had the special Carnitas enchiladas and my friend had the two enchilada plate.  It was SUPER dark, so my camera struggled to take good pics.  The salsa was really good that day.  Service was spotty.

Never Ending Chips and Salsa - very fresh and tasty.
The Carnitas enchiladas were okay, but they lacked that special something that I expect with carnitas - kinda just tasted liked pork enchiladas.  I get extra beans and no rice - because I cannot stand what passes for Spanish rice, I would much rather have extra beans (which are pretty good).
Carnitas Enchiladas with no rice and extra beans
My friend got one chicken and one beef enchilada and said that she thought it was pretty good.  She usually gets the taco salad.

Two enchiladas lunch special, one chicken, one beef.
Overall, the experience was pretty good.  For the price and the speed, it was a good value, but not the tastiest.  The service was mediocre, I told the waiter I would be reviewing him (like I always do) and he seemed scared!  Our drinks were left unfilled a little too long for my taste, (especially when you have a server and a busser), I would have liked the salsa to be refilled sooner, and our server messed up the check after I gave him specific instructions...so...meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment